Arlo offers a fully customisable database where you can add, edit or remove a number of field types against a range of entities to meet your requirements.
System fields can be configured for the following entities within the management platform:
- Contacts and Organisations
- Allow you to add additional information and store it directly against a Contact/Organisations record. Once configured, these fields can also be included within your event website registration form so that data can be captured at the time of registration. Useful for additional contact information that does not change regularly.
- Event Session fields can be used to store event/session specific information and report on this using the Event List (Advanced) report. Useful for event/session specific information that you can use to filter in your event list report.
- Allow you to capture and store information on a single registration. Once configured, these fields can also be included within your event website registration form so that data can be captured at the time of registration. Useful for data that regularly changes based on a contacts registration.
- Allow you to capture and store information a single application. Once configured, these fields can also be included within your event application forms.
- Used on your Lead forms to capture interest in your courses.
- Important: Once Lead (only) fields have been configured, contact Arlo Support if you would like the fields activated and advise us:
- The System Name of the field.
- Which Lead forms they should be enabled for e.g. Register Interest in Private Event, Contact Us, Suggest another date/location. Hint: This shows as the System entity.
Note: This feature is only available on the Arlo Professional and Enterprise service plans.
Contact and Registration fields can be used to capture information on your website registration forms. Learn how to set up your website registration forms.
Application fields can be used to capture information on your application forms. Learn how to add application fields to your application form.
Access Field Configuration Settings
To configure fields on your platform:
- From the main menu select Settings.
- Select Fields.
- Click on the entity you would like to edit (add, remove, or change) fields on e.g. Contacts.
- All Active, and Inactive fields will be displayed for that entity.
- Follow the below instructions to:
Inactive fields exist on your platform, but will not appear within the UI or in any of your reports.
To enable an inactive field:
- Scroll to the bottom of the Fields page to the Inactive Fields section.
- Hover over the field you wish the enable and click Enable.
- Or, Click Edit and Click Activate.
- The field will be activated immediately.
Before adding new fields, check that the field you need is not already available in Arlo and needs to be activated. View the preconfigured default fields available in Arlo. If a field exists already, learn how to enable an inactive field
- Drag a field type to the active fields area to create new a field. The field slider will open. Note: Learn more about the available fields types in Arlo.
- Enter the name of the field being added in the Label field. This will be displayed in the management platform, and on the website (only if the field is being used on a registration form).
- Arlo will use the Label name specified, as the System name of the field. If you would like another system name to be used click Edit and enter the new System name.
- Note: The system name is the column heading that is used for the field when importing/exporting specific field information.
- Add any additional information you would like to be displayed with the field on your website registration forms, in the Help Text and Description fields.
- Below is an example of help text and a description being displayed on the checkout with a Contact field.
- The following field types have additional settings that can be configured e.g. 'Dropdown' values. View additional field settings.
- Yes/No with Text
- Dropdown List
- Dropdown List with Text
- Radio List
- Press Save or Save and Close to save the field on your platform. The field will be added immediately.
All active fields will be displayed in the Active Fields section. Disabling a field means it will no longer appear in the management platform or on any reports. If the field has saved data against it, when re-enabled the data will still be there.
Note: Fields marked with System cannot be deactivated.
If there is an active field you do not need, to deactivate it:
- Scroll over the field in the Active fields list.
- Click Disable.
- Or, Click Edit and click Deactivate.
- The field will then be moved to the Inactive fields list, at the bottom of the page and be deactivated immediately.
Edit an Existing Field
To make changes to an existing field:
- Scroll over the field in either the Active or Inactive fields list.
- Click Edit.
- Edit the field settings (Label, Website form settings) as needed. View additional field settings.
- Press Save and Close. The changes will be made immediately.
Checkbox - Choose whether or not the field is ticked, or not ticked by default.
Yes/No - Define the text displayed in the Yes and No options for the field.
Yes/No with Text - Define the text displayed in the Yes and No options for the field, and the message to be displayed if Yes is selected e.g. 'Please specify' or 'Select your choice'.
Dropdown List - Press Edit Options List to add the dropdown values.
Each value should be separated with a new line. Use Default Value to specify the default dropdown value. Auto Complete user input enables an auto-complete function where a field has 2 or more characters entered.
Dropdown List with Text - Press Edit Options List to add the dropdown values.
Each value should be separated with a new line. Use Default Value to specify the default dropdown value. Auto Complete user input enables an auto-complete function where a field has 2 or more characters entered. You can also define the message to be displayed if the field is blank e.g. 'Please specify' or 'Select your choice'.
Radio List - Press Edit Options List to add the Radio List values.
Each value should be separated with a new line. Use Default Value to specify the default value selected on the list.
On any of the fields that contain list items, you can copy and paste items directly from Excel, and other sources into Arlo, as long as the items are listed on separate lines.
- Copy the list items from the external source, for example Excel.
- Paste the list items into the List items section on the field you would like to use them on.
- Note: To extend the List items control, drag the corner out.
Other articles that may be helpful: