In this article:
- Minimum requirements
- Web controls explained
- Web control examples
- Adding web controls onto your website
- Adding the Arlo sitemap to your website
- Troubleshooting, useful information and FAQ's
- Web Control Demo Library - Pre-built web controls ready to be dropped onto your website.
- Example Web Control Integrations - See whats possible.
- Checkout Page Options - You will need to upgrade your checkout page.
- Web Control Widgets - These should be added to your homepage or landing pages.
- Styling and Customisation - Whats required to complete a high-quality integration.
- The option to add new pages to the website (admin access to CMS)
- jQuery version higher than 1.9 (or the option to install it)
- The ability to add script elements in the <head>, across all pages
- The ability to upload stylesheets and link to them in the <head> (only necessary if they are going to be using the same control on more than one page).
- Bootstrap 3 JS (or the option to install it)
- Bootstrap 3 CSS for tooltips (or the option to install it).
- Google Maps API key for maps on venue profile pages.
Web controls explained
While the simpler features of web controls can be used by developers with minimal experience, it also offers a range of advanced features which give the more experienced developer a significant amount of flexibility to create more complicated widgets. Our web controls allow for:
- The ability to create controls to display your data on your webpages.
- Fetching data for you platform from the Arlo API.
- Processing data into more usable formats, with generated fields and template helpers.
- Paging data.
- Providing a templating system which allows you to control what data to display and how to display it
- Providing you with opportunities perform addtional processing on the data/rendered html.
- Creating controls that display data from multiple resources with sub controls
Arlo web controls can be used to create widgets of the following types:
- Upcoming events list
- Event template
- Online activities list
- Category list
- Venue or venue list
- Presenter or presenter list
- Event Template
- Event Template Catalogue
- Region Selector
Web control examples
Examples of live Web Controls:
Adding web controls onto your website
Add the Arlo sitemap to your website
Sitemaps are not required but are highly encouraged for all websites. This helps with Search Engine Optimization because it makes it easier for search engines to find all the content on your website. Sitemaps are especially important for new websites, very large (lots of pages) sites, or sites with large archives
Troubleshooting, useful information and FAQ's
Our troubleshooting, useful information, and FAQ's contain important information about common issues that people have encountered when integrating Arlo web controls onto their websites. We recommend starting here if you run into any issues with integrating web controls. If you cannot find the help you need, you can contact email@example.com.
Important: Technical website integration support is not included in Arlo 'product' support. We do however, offer technical support packages and plans, for more information visit our Website pricing page.