In this article
The following instructions describe how to add prospects to your campaign in Arlo. Prospects are contacts in your database who are potential registrants for the events you are advertising in a campaign. An example of this would be targeting people who have completed stage one of a qualification by adding them to a campaign advertising stage two of the same qualification.
Note: Prospects that are added to a campaign are a snapshot of your database at the time the prospects are added. This means that if you have added or updated contacts' details since the prospects have been added to the campaign, then you may need to add your prospects to the campaign again before running it to ensure all of the possible prospects are captured.
Add prospects to a campaign
- Open the campaign you would like to add prospects to.
- Hint: Learn how to search for a campaign.
- Press Prospects from the toolbar.
- Select Add newsletter subscribers if you want only newsletter subscribers to be included in the search list.
Note: You will not be able to add any more filters to the prospects. If you want to add more filters to the list of newsletter subscribers, you should select Add contacts and you can choose the newsletter subscribers with additional filters at the next stage.
- Select Add contacts if you want to add all contacts to the search list and you want to be able to add more filters to the prospects.
- Select from list which set of contacts you would like to add prospects from.
- Active contacts will filter from only active contacts on the platform.
- All contacts will filter from all contacts on the platform.
- Newsletter subscribers will filter from only the contacts that chose to subscribe to your newsletter.
- Select your conditions. Conditions are filters that allow you to target certain contacts by limiting the results based on certain criteria. For example, you may want to target contacts with certain tags, or target people who have not registered for a particular event, or a combination of criteria. You can also target contacts based on custom fields we have added to your platform.
Notes: If you add your condition(s) under the Meets ALL of the following conditions section, only contacts who meet all of these criteria will be added to the list.
Notes: If you add your condition(s) under the Meets ANY of the following conditions section, contacts who meet any or all of these criteria will be added to the list.
- Select from the drop-down boxes the details of the condition or filter that you are setting.
- Press Preview results for the conditions above to see how many contacts the conditions have generated.
- Press Add prospects.
- In the next screen, the cog icon will display while the contacts are being added to the campaign. Refresh your browser if your contacts do not display here within a few seconds.