The following article describes how to capture and store referral sources for your customers, and run reports on these to see which are generating your business.
In this article:
- Managing referred by options
- Adding a referred by option to your website registration forms
- Adding or editing a referred by source on a contact
- Reporting and exporting contacts with referred by information
Managing referred by options
- Open the Settings menu.
- Select Fields.
- Select Contacts.
- Find the Referred by field, press Edit.
- In the Options section, press Edit options list.
- Edit the list items as required.
- Press Save or Save and close.
Adding a referred by option to your website registration forms
Read how to add fields to your website registration forms.
Adding or editing a referred by source on a contact
- Find and open the contact you would like to edit.
- Press Edit.
- Open the Marketing section.
- Select one of the Referred by options.
- Press Save and close.
Exporting contacts with referred by information
You can also report on contacts with the referred by field using contact list report.
- Open the Contacts menu.
- Press Filter and select Referred by...
- Select the options you would like to filter on.
- Press Apply referred by filters. The list of contacts will be updated so that only contacts that match your filter will be displayed.
- Press Export and select Export all contact information from the menu to download the list of contacts.