Arlo supports running multiple regions (countries) within a single platform, including support for multiple time zones, tax rates, currencies, and company details.
In this article:
- Configure regional settings
- Switching between regions
- Event/template regional availability
- Event/template regional pricing
Configure regional settings
When your regions have been loaded on to your platform, you will need to add your key and payment settings for each region.
Switching between regions
The region selector on the management platform allows you to filter content by region. For example, when you select a specific region/country only events available in that region will be displayed.
- From any screen, click the region drop-down.
- Select the regions you wish content to be displayed for.
- Press Select regions.
When setting up or editing an event, you will be able to choose the regions the template and event are available on.
- Regional event template and event availability settings explained
- Edit a template's regions
- Edit an event's regions
Regional event template and event availability settings explained
Arlo's multi-region functionality enables you to promote a template in multiple regions while restricting access for registrations on scheduled events to the required region/s.
Example: You may have a template available in all regions as you might run the event all over the world (and thus want to promote the event in all regions), but have a specific event instance only available in New Zealand (as that is where you are next running it) and therefore New Zealand is the only region you want to be able to take registrations from.
Edit a template's regions
- Open the Templates menu.
- Select the template from the list (if existing) or create a new template (if new).
- On the General tab, from the Region and price section, add a region the template is available in by selecting a region from the Add region dropdown.
- Enter the Default price per registrant (if free, enter 0) for that region.
- Press Save price.
- Repeat this process for each region the template should be available in.
- Press Save or Save and close.
Edit an event's regions
- Open the Events menu.
- Select the event from the list.
- On the General tab, from the Region and price section, to add a region to the event, select a region from the Add region dropdown.
- Change the Price per registrant, if required, then press Save price.
- To remove a region from an event, click Remove.
- Press Save or Save and close.
Event pricing example
When setting up an event template/event, you will be able to set multiple price points (per region available on your platform), with a separate price for each region in the respective currency, with the local tax label (GST, VAT) and tax rate.
Important: A price point must be set for each region you have made an event available in (either on the template or event). If a region has a missing price point, registrations will not be able to be created for that region.
Example: Regional price points
Edit a template or event's pricing
- Open the Events/Templates menu.
- Select the event/template from the list.
- On the General tab from the Region and price section, click on the price you would like to change.
- Change the price as required and press Save price.
- Adding a regions filter to your website
- Regional website filter examples
- Adding regional items to the Arlo checkout
- Regional website links
Adding region filters to your website
Important: In order for users to be able to filter events by each region, you will need to have a region filter implemented on your website. The way to do this depends on the website technology you are using.
- Arlo Website - This has a built-in regional selector. No further action is required.
- WordPress - The instructions on how to implement regions can be found here.
- Web Controls - The instructions on how to implement regions can be found here.
Regional website filter examples
Content on your website can be filtered by region/country. All regional content is controlled by the region selector on the website.
Example: If a website user selects UK in the regional selector, on the website:
- All event templates available in the UK region
- All events available in the UK region
- All event pricing will be shown using UK prices associated to events.
- Users will be asked to pay for their checkout items in their selected region's currency (the events must have a price for that region associated to them).
- Anything not available in the UK will not be displayed.
Website users can change the region by selecting a different region from the region/country selector.
Example: Region selector in the menu bar of the Arlo Website (expanded)
Adding regional items to the Arlo checkout
All courses in an Arlo checkout must be selected from the same region. If a registrant adds courses to your checkout from different regions the cart will be cleared as generally orders cannot be submitted with cross currencies and tax settings.
Regional website links
In Arlo, if an event is assigned to multiple regions, you will have a regional registration link for each one. The regional link ties to the region's settings e.g. Pricing, tax rates, currency.
Orders include regional settings such as currency, a tax label, and tax rate. Invoices can be customised for each region including the invoice address and contact details, and regions can have unique order prefixes.
If you would like regionalised order prefixes contact Arlo Support.