The following troubleshooting steps should be taken when experiencing any issues with the Arlo for Moodle plugin.
Ensure your Moodle instance meets the Arlo plugins' minimum requirements listed below. Moodle configurations not meeting the plugin requirements is the most common reason for enrolment issues with the plugin.
We recommend sending the list below directly to your Moodle provider and have them confirm that your Moodle instance meets all of these requirements.
- Moodle version is 3.5 - 3.9. Moodle version 3.10 + have not been tested for compatibility with the Arlo for Moodle plugin.
- Check that the Moodle Cron is set up and tested. Please ask your Moodle Provider to run a forced CRON job and checked for any errors in the log. It is recommended that the CRON is run every minute as Moodle needs to regularly look for new Arlo enrolments coming in.
- Moodle PHP Version 7.2 +
- Moodle SMTP settings configured and tested by your Moodle Provider. This is a common cause of email issues.
- You have the latest version of the Arlo for Moodle plugin installed
If you are unsure of any of these, please check with your Moodle Provider before raising a ticket with Arlo Support. Our Support Team do not have access to your Moodle environment and so will be unable to assist with the above.
You can run routine tasks in Moodle from Administration > Site Administration > Server > Scheduled Tasks
The following scheduled tasks should be checked inside of Moodle to ensure they are running automatically. You can tell if a task is running by the last running date/time.
- This task cycles through Arlo enrolments fetching new or updated registrations creating an enrolment or withdrawing person from Moodle courses.
- Default run time: Every time the CRON (which should be set to run every minute)
- This task fetches new course templates, courses, and learning.
- Default run time: Every hour
- This task pushes updated grade and progress information for an associated registration back to Arlo.
- Default run time: Every time the CRON is run (which should be set to run every minute)
- This task fetches updated contact information such as names, or email and applies to associated Moodle user account.
- Default run time: 5 am every day
- This task purges the request log and cleans up any records not linked correctly.
- Default run time: 5 am every day
If you find that any of the scheduled tasks are not running, this will likely be preventing Moodle from creating enrolments for Arlo registrants. Contact your Moodle Provider as there may be a configuration issue preventing the task from running, e.g. Cron/PHP issues in Moodle.
If your Moodle platform is successfully connected to Arlo there will be a green light visible. If you can't see this light, the credentials that connect the platform may be incorrect.
- In Arlo, open the Settings menu.
- Click Administrators.
- Select the Moodle Service Account from the list.
- Ensure the Security is set to Integration Account
- From the toolbar menu, press Change Password.
- Enter the new password twice.
- Press Save.
- In Moodle, navigate to Moodle Administration Menu > Site Administration > Plugins > Enrolments > Arlo Connection.
- Enter the username (email address) of the Arlo Moodle Service Account.
- Enter the new password of the Arlo Moodle Service Account.
- Press Save Changes.
The green connection light may take up to five minutes to become active. Please give it some time and refresh the page.
If you have completed the above troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing issues, please contact Arlo Support with the details of the issue.