A registrant may need their course registration related emails sent to a second contact like a manager. This Zap will allow them to enter a second email address during the checkout which their registration information email will be sent to as well.
This Zap will require Arlo support to make a change to your platform. This is explained in the article.
- To create and use this Zap you will need to have a starter plan or above with Zapier to access multi-step Zaps.
- You will need to connect the Arlo app with Zapier to complete this zap.
- If you choose to use Outlook or Gmail to send the email out, you will need to also connect one of these, too.
Learn how to connect apps in Zapier's help center.
You will need to create a custom field to your registration forms in order to collect the email address you want to send the registration emails to.
This field needs to be added to the registration form so customers can enter an email address.
The following describes how to add this field to your default registration forms.
- Open the Settings menu item.
- From the Registration section, select Registration and lead forms.
- Select Show fields for the default order contact section.
- Press Add fields.
- Search for and add your newly created second email address field and add it.
- You should have a section that looks like this:
As a contact custom field a customer only needs to enter an email address once and it will be stored against them always, they can replace it at any time by entering an email address into the field when they register another time. As such we do not recommend making this a required field or it will force people to replace the email address every time they register.
- Customers will now be able to add the email address during the checkout which will look like this
This zap will be triggered by emails that are sent from your platform.
- In your Zapier Dashboard select Create Zap.
- Search for and Select Email by Zapier from the app selector.
- Choose New inbound email as the Trigger Event and click Continue.
- Create a custom email address, all registration emails sent from your Arlo platform will be sent to this inbox.
Send this email address to Arlo support and ask them to update your BCC Registration email address with it. You cannot complete the Zap without it added.
- Once Arlo Support has updated your platform you may continue the setup.
- Create a test registration in your platform and check the course instructions for it have sent.
- In the Zap, press Test Trigger to see the test registration's course instructions in the inbox (this may take a few minutes). This email will be used to build the rest of the zap with.
This filter allows you to choose which registration emails are sent out.
- Select Filter by Zapier as the next action.
- Set up the filter to only send registration emails you would like the second contact to receive.
In this example we're only sending confirmation and cancellation emails - you can add/remove any emails you would like. You can find a full list of order emails here.
You can also choose to send all registration emails. In this case, skip this action entirely.
- Use the email Subject to for the first field.
- Select (Text) Contains for the condition.
- Enter a key word from the type of email you would like to send in the last field. E.g. Confirmed.
When adding multiple types of order emails be sure to use the + OR option rather than the + And option.
- Press Continue to test the filter.
If you haven't chosen the confirmation email as one of your emails to allow, this filter may not pass it's test.
This is not a problem as you can continue building the Zap using this test data, and it will work correctly for only the emails you've chosen once turned on.
This action will find the correct email address to send the email to by searching for the registered contact in Arlo. If you haven't created this field yet, please do so now by following these steps.
We recommend you use your own email address as the second registration contact email while testing. This way, you easily can confirm that the email is being sent out.
- Add a new step with Arlo.
- Select Find Contact as the Action Event.
- Select your Arlo account
You may need to connect your Arlo account to Zapier if you've not used it before.
- Proceed to set up action.
- In the Email field, use the Raw to Email from the New Inbound Email trigger.
- In the Included Information field, add Retrieve Custom Fields Information.
- Set the final option to False this will stop the Zap from carrying on if it finds no one.
- Continue to test the Action and find the contact that your test email was sent to
- The test should show you their second registration contact email address
This filter step will stop the zap from continuing if there was no second registration contact email address in the previous action.
- Search for and select the Filter as this action.
- Add a rule to check your second order contact field has a value with the following set up:
This action will send a copy of the email to the email address of the second order contact.
- Select Zapier Send Outbound Email for this action.
You can choose to send this email from your Gmail or Outlook account instead. Simply select Outlook or Gmail instead of Email by Zapier.
Add the following information to the Set up section:
- For the To field, add the Second regsistration contact from Action 3.
- The rest of the fields can use their duplicate from the inbound email, you will be sending an exact copy.
- Ensure you select the Body HTML for the body section, this will copy both the content and design of your Arlo order email to the second contact.
The attachment will not show anything but if the registration email has any attachments, these will be sent as well.
- The remaining options can be left blank or unchanged
- Continue and test the email, if you set yourself as the second registration contact for the test registration then you should now receive the email
- The Zap is now created and ready to go, all that's left is to give it a name and turn it on