This article covers sending a message to a Slack channel when a new registration is created in Arlo.
The same process can be used with Microsoft Teams or another chat tool if they have a Zapier integration.
- In your Zapier Dashboard select Create Zap.
- Search for and Select Arlo from the app selector.
- Choose the required registration trigger (New Basic, New Multi-Session, or New Elearning registration) as the Trigger Event and press Continue.
- Add the following custom information:
- Event information
- Contact information
- Choose your account and press Continue.
- On the find data step, press Test and Continue.
If Zapier says it cannot find any registrations to display try create a new registration in your platform, waiting a couple minutes, and clicking test again.
You can choose Test & Review here if you'd like to see a sample of the data Zapier pulls from Arlo for a new registration.
- Click Continue after the test has completed.
- Search for and select Slack as the new Trigger.
- For Choose Action Event select Send Channel Message and press Continue.
- Select the Slack account you'd like to connect to the Zap.
You will need to connect to your Slack account if this is the first time you've used it for a Zap.
- Set which Slack Channel you want Zapier to send the message to.
- You can then use the registration information from Arlo to populate the message along with written text.
- Set who you would like the message to be sent from.
You can add your own emoji's to slack so you can choose to get a message from Arlo with our logo!
- In the final step you can test that the Zap will send the message to the right channel. Click Test & Continue.
- The new message will be in your chosen Slack Channel now.
- The Zap is now created and ready to go, all that's left is to give it a name and turn it on.