The following article outlines how to send new courses to an Office 365/Outlook calendar using Zapier.
To create and use these Zaps you will need to have a Zapier starter plan or above, access to multi-step Zaps, and an Office 365 or Exchange account with Outlook.
If you cancel or update a course (date/time) in Arlo you will need to update the appointment in Office 365/Outlook manually, as Microsoft does not support calendar updates via Zapier.
- In your Zapier Dashboard select Create Zap.
- Search for and Select Arlo from the app selector.
- Choose New Event as the Trigger Event and press Continue.
- Choose your account and press Continue.
- On the find data step click Test Trigger.
If Zapier says it cannot find any courses to display try scheduling a new course in your platform, waiting a couple minutes, and clicking test again.
- Click Continue after the test has completed.
- Search for and select Microsoft office 365 as the new Trigger.
If you don't have Office 365, you can substitute this app with Outlook instead. The steps to complete this Zap are the same for both.
- For Choose Action Event, select Create Event and press Continue.
- Select the Office 365/Outlook account you'd like to connect to the Zap.
You will need to connect to your Office 365 account if this is the first time you've used it for a Zap.
- Set which calendar you want the course to be added to.
If your team has a dedicated course calendar that is shared, this is a good option to choose or you will need to create multiple Zaps to send to courses to individual calendars.
- Select the information which you would like Arlo to send into the calendar appointment.
- If you have additional individuals you would like calendar appointments to be sent to, you can list their email addresses in the Attendees section.
- With the required information and any custom information completed, press Continue.
- In the final step you can test that the Zap will work and a new course is added successfully. Press Test & Continue.
- New courses will be created in your chosen calendar automatically, and appointments will be sent to any additional parties added to the Attendee list.
- The Zap is now created and ready to go, all that's left is to give it a name and turn it on.