Often a customer needs their order emails, such as an invoice or credit note, sent to a second billing contact.
This Zap enables you to store a second order contact's email address and have certain order emails automatically sent to them, in addition to the billing contact on the order.
This Zap will require Arlo support to make a change to your platform. This is explained in the article.
- To create and use this Zap you will need to have a starter plan or above with Zapier to access multi-step Zaps.
- You will need to connect the Arlo app with Zapier to complete this zap.
- If you choose to use Outlook or Gmail to send the email out, you will need to also connect one of these, too.
Learn how to connect apps in Zapier's help center.
You will need to create a custom field and add it to your registration forms in order to collect the email address you want to send the order emails to.
This field needs to be added to the registration form so customers can enter an email address.
- Open the Settings menu item.
- From the Registration section, select Registration and lead forms.
- Select Show fields for the default order contact section.
- Press Add fields.
- Search for an add your newly created field and add it.
- You should have a section that looks like this:
As a contact custom field a customer only needs to enter an email address once and it will be stored against them always, they can replace it at any time by entering an email address into the field when they register another time. As such we do not recommend making this a required field or it will force people to replace the email address every time they register.
- Customers will now be able to add the email address during the checkout which will look like this.
This zap will be triggered by emails that are sent from your platform.
- In your Zapier Dashboard, select Create Zap.
- Search for and select Email by Zapier from the app selector.
- Choose New inbound email as the Trigger Event and press Continue.
- Create a custom email address, all order emails sent from your Arlo platform will be sent to this inbox.
Send this email address to Arlo support and ask them to update your BCC Order email address setting. You cannot complete the Zap without it added.
- Once Arlo Support has updated your platform you may continue the setup.
- Create a test order in your platform and send the invoice for it.
- In the Zap, press Test Trigger to see the test order's invoice in the inbox (this may take a few minutes). This email will be used to build the rest of the zap with.
This action will find the correct email address to send the email to by searching for the registered contact in Arlo. If you haven't created this field yet, please do so now by following these steps.
We recommend you use your own email address as the second order contact email while testing. This way, you easily can confirm that the email is being sent out.
- Add a new step with Arlo.
- Select Find Contact as the Action Event.
- Select your Arlo account.
You may need to connect your Arlo account to Zapier if you've not used it before.
- Proceed to set up action.
- In the Email field, use the Raw to Email from the New Inbound Email trigger.
- In the Included Information field, add Retrieve Custom Fields Information.
- Set the final option to False. This will stop the Zap from carrying on if it finds no one.
- Continue to test the Action and find the contact that your test email was sent to.
- The test should show you the contact's second order contact email address.
This filter will stop the zap from continuing if there was no second order contact email address in the previous action.
- Search for and select the Filter as this action.
- Add a rule to check your second order contact field has a value with the following set up:
This action will send a copy of the email to the email address of the second order contact.
- Select Zapier Send Outbound Email for this action.
You can choose to send this email from your Gmail or Outlook account instead. Simply select Outlook or Gmail instead of Email by Zapier.
Add the following information to the Set up section:
- For the To field, add the Second order contact from Action 3.
- The rest of the fields can use their duplicate from the inbound email - you will be sending an exact copy.
- Ensure you select the Body HTML for the body section, this will copy both the content and design of your Arlo order email to the second contact.
The attachment will not show anything but if you have PDF invoices or credit notes these will be sent as well.
- The remaining options can be left blank or unchanged.
- Continue and test the email. If you had set yourself as the second order contact for the test order then you should now receive the email.
- The Zap is now created and ready to go, all that's left is to give it a name and turn it on.