Often a customer needs their order emails, such as an invoice or credit note, sent to a second billing contact.
This Zap enables you to store a second order contact's email address and have certain order emails automatically sent to them, in addition to the billing contact on the order.
This Zap will require Arlo support to make a change to your platform. This is explained in the article.
- To create and use these Zaps you will need to have a starter plan or above with Zapier to access multi-step Zaps.
- Open the Settings menu item.
- From the Platform setup section, select Fields.
- Select Contacts.
- Create a new Single-line text field.
- Give the field a Name, and enter any Help text and Description required.
- Press Save and Close.
- This field needs to be added to the registration form so customers can enter an email address.
- Open the Settings menu item.
- From the Registration section, select Registration and lead forms.
- Select Show fields for the default order contact section.
- Press Add fields.
- Search for an add your newly created second email address field and add it.
- You should have a section that looks like this.
As a contact custom field a customer only needs to enter an email address once and it will be stored against them always, they can replace it at any time by entering an email address into the field when they register another time. As such we do not recommend making this a required field or it will force people to replace the email address every time they register.
- Customers will now be able to add the email address during the checkout which will look like this.
- In your Zapier Dashboard select Create Zap.
- Search for and select Email by Zapier from the app selector.
- Choose New inbound email as the Trigger Event and press Continue.
- Create a custom email address, all order emails sent from your Arlo platform will be sent to this inbox.
Send this email address to Arlo support and ask them to update your BCC Order email address setting. You cannot complete the Zap without it added.
- Once Arlo Support has updated your platform you may continue the setup.
- Create a test order in your platform and send the invoice for it.
- In the Zap, press Test Trigger to see the test order's invoice in the inbox (this may take a few minutes). This email will be used to build the rest of the zap with.
- Select Filter by Zapier as the next action.
- Set the filter up to only continue with order emails you'd like the second billing contacts to recieve. It's here that you can choose, in this example we're only sending the invoices, credit notes and receipts. Emails such as cancellations are not being sent, you can find a full list of order emails here.
- Use the email Subject to specify which emails you'd like to allow.
- When adding multiple types of order emails be sure to use the + OR option rather than the and option.
- Press Continue to test the filter.
If you haven't selected Invoice as one of your emails to allow, this filter may not pass it's test.
This is not a problem as you can continue building the Zap using this test data, and it will work correctly for only the emails you've chosen once turned on.
- Add a new step with Arlo - this will lookup the contact the email was sent to so it can provide the second email address to forward that email to.
- Select Find Contact as the Action Event.
- Select your Arlo account.
You may need to connect your Arlo account to Zapier if you've not used it before.
- Proceed to set up action.
- Use the Raw to Email from the Zapier Inbound Email for the Arlo Email field.
- Retrieve Custom Fields Information for the Included Information.
- Set the final option to False this will stop the Zap from carrying on if it finds no one.
- Continue to test the Action and find the contact that your test email was sent to.
- The test should show you the contact's second order contact email address.
- Search for and select the Filter as the next action. This will check to ensure they do have a second order contact email address.
- Add a rule to check your second order contact field has a value with the following set up:
- Add a final action of Zapier Send Outbound Email.
- In the set up section add the following information.
- Set the To field to the Contact customer field - Second order contact.
- The rest of the fields can use their duplicate from the inbound email, you will be sending an exact copy.
- Ensure you select the Body HTML for the body section, this will copy both the content and design of your Arlo order email to the second contact.
- The attachment will not show anything but if you have PDF invoices or credit notes these will also be sent on.
- The remaining options can be left blank or unchanged.
- Continue and test the email. If you had set yourself as the second order contact for the test order then you should now receive the email.
- The Zap is now created and ready to go, all that's left is to give it a name and turn it on.