In this article
The following instructions explain how to set up a discount applied automatically based on a contact or organisations field value marked as true for example a member checkbox.
Arlo allows you to add fields to for contact and organisation records where needed. Yes/No and checkbox fields added can be used as criteria for discounts.
- A graduate discount if a contacts Graduate yes/no field equals Yes.
- A membership discount if an organisation's Member checkbox is ticked.
Member and graduate fields are not default fields - these are examples that you can add to your own platform. Once a field has been added, you can place it on your website registration forms. If the field is checked during registration, or it is marked against the contact/organisation internally, Arlo will pick up the field value is true against and apply the discount.
- Add the yes/no or checkbox field you would like to use for your discount to your Arlo Platform. Note: Learn how to add fields to your Arlo platform.
- If you would like users to be able to select the field to activate the discount on your checkout, add the field to your registration forms.
- Open the Discounts menu.
- Press New discount.
- Enter the Name and Description settings.
- Select Apply this discount to individual registrations.
- Select the Discount Priority.
- Select how much the discount should deduct in the Calculation settings.
- From the Criteria section, select Apply the discount automatically when specific criteria are met.
- In the Registration section, select the field type (contact or organisation) you want the discount to use, and then select the field that should be marked as true (or yes) for the discount to be applied.
- Complete Website settings.
- Complete the Availability settings.
- Complete the Accounting settings.
- Complete the Event settings.
- Press Save.