Arlo allows you to add yes/no and checkbox fields to contact and organisation records and then use these fields as criteria for discounts.
Once a field has been added, you can place it on your website registration forms. If the field is checked during registration, or it is marked against the contact/organisation internally, Arlo will pick up that the field value is true for that record and apply the discount.
- Add a contact yes/no field called Graduate, then apply a discount if a contact's Graduate field equals Yes.
- Add an organisation checkbox field called Member, then apply a discount if an organisation's Member checkbox is ticked.
The following instructions explain how to set up a discount that is applied automatically when a contact or organisation's field value is marked as true.
Arlo can only use it's Boolean custom fields and not user created custom fields for the organisation discount criteria. You'll find two Boolean fields (Yes/No options) in your organisation fields menu that can have their name edited for use.
- Add the field you would like to use for your discount to your Arlo Platform.
- If you would like users to be able to select the field to activate the discount on your checkout, add the field to your registration forms.
- Open the Discounts menu item.
- Press New discount.
- Enter the Name and Description settings.
- Select the discount's Priority.
- Select Apply this discount to individual registrations.
- Select how much the discount should deduct in the Calculation settings.
- From the Criteria section, select Apply the discount automatically when specific criteria are met.
- In the Registrant section, select the Value in X field type (contact or organisation) that you want the discount to use, and then select the field that should be marked as true (or yes) for the discount to be applied.
- Complete Website settings.
- Complete the Availability settings.
- Complete the Accounting settings.
- Complete the Course settings.
- Press Save.