The following instructions describe how to set up a discount that applies to people who register for a course either prior to a specified period before it starts (an early bird discount), after a specific period before it starts (a last minute discount), or on specific dates.
Time-based discounts will only be available on the course (and appear in the website price list) during the time that you set. For example, if you set an early bird discount for registrations received more than 30 days before a course, the discount will automatically be removed from the price list when the course is 29 days away.
Time-based discounts apply based on the time the registration is received, not when payment is made.
- Open the Discounts menu item.
- Press New discount.
- Enter the Name and Description settings.
- Select the discount's Priority.
- Select Apply this discount to individual registrations.
- Select how much the discount should deduct in the Calculation settings, e.g. 10%.
- From the Criteria section, select Apply the discount automatically when specific criteria are met.
- In the Registration section, select the type of discount you want to use, and enter when the discount should be applied. Use the Registered more than X days before for early bird discounts, and Registration made less than X hours before for last minute discounts.
- Complete Website settings.
- Complete the Availability settings.
- Complete the Accounting settings.
- Complete the Course settings.
- Press Save.