In this article
The following instructions describe how to set up a discount that applies to people who register for an event a certain amount of time before it starts or finishes (early-bird, or a last minute discount) or on a specific date.
Time-based discounts will only be available on the event (and appear in the website price list) during the time that you set. For example, if you set an early-bird discount for registrations received more than 30 days after an event, the discount will automatically be removed from the price list when the event is 29 days away. Note: Time-based discounts apply based on the time the registration is received, not when payment is made.
- Open the Discounts menu.
- Press New discount.
- Enter the Name and Description settings.
- Select Apply this discount to individual registrations.
- Select the Discount Priority.
- Select how much the discount should deduct in the Calculation settings.
- From the Criteria section, select Apply the discount automatically when specific criteria are met.
- In the Registration section, select the type of discount you want to use, and enter when the discount should be applied.
- Complete Website settings.
- Complete the Availability settings.
- Complete the Accounting settings.
- Complete the Event settings.
- Press Save.