In this article
The following instructions describe how to set up a discount that applies to people who register for an event a certain amount of time before it starts or finishes (early bird, or a last minute discount) or on a specific date.
Time-based discounts will only be available on the event (and appear in the website price list) during the time that you set. For example, if you set an early bird discount for registrations received more than 30 days after an event, the discount will automatically be removed from the price list when the event is 29 days away.
Note: Time-based discounts apply based on the time the registration is received, not when payment is made.
- Open the Discounts menu.
- Press New discount.
- Enter the Name and Description settings.
- Select Apply this discount to individual registrations.
- Select the Discount Priority.
- Select how much the discount should deduct in the Calculation settings.
- From the Criteria section, select Apply the discount automatically when specific criteria are met.
- In the Registration section, select the type of discount you want to use, and enter when the discount should be applied.
- Complete Website settings.
- Complete the Availability settings.
- Complete the Accounting settings.
- Complete the Event settings.
- Press Save.