Arlo allows you to easily set up group booking discounts based on the number of registrants on an order for a single course, or all courses. The checkout automatically detects the number of registrants on the order before the order payment stage, allowing discount details to be added to invoices and payment totals.
Alternatively, you can set the discount to be applied when an order reaches a certain amount (order discounts only).
This discount type can be set up either as an order, or a registration level discount. It's important to understand the difference between the two types of discounts before deciding how you would like to proceed. We recommend using registration discounts, as order discounts can cause reporting complications.
- Open the Discounts menu item.
- Press New discount.
- Enter the Name and Description settings.
- Select the discount's Priority.
- Select Apply this discount to individual registrations or the overall order.
Ensure you understand the consequences of using order discounts if you choose to discount this way. Learn more about order discounts.
- Select how much the discount should deduct in the Calculation settings.
- From the Criteria section, select Apply the discount automatically when specific criteria are met.
- In the Registration or Order section (if order discount), select the type of discount you want to use, and enter the group booking values associated with the discount.
- If you choose registrations for a course, the registrations on the order must be for the same course. If you choose registrations on the order, the registrations can be for any course.
Total of the order exceeds is only available if you are using an order level discount.
- Complete Website settings.
- Complete the Availability settings.
- Complete the Accounting settings.
- Complete the Course settings.
- Press Save.