Arlo allows you to easily set up automated discounts which can be applied automatically in the checkout based on the information the registrant enters in the checkout. In order to receive the discount, the registrant must enter information that meets the required criteria during checkout, or have this information already stored in their contact record.
The following instructions describe how to set up a discount that applies to people who register for a course using specific contact details, such as a certain email domain, or belonging to a particular organisation.
- Open the Discounts menu item.
- Press New discount.
- Enter the Name and Description settings.
- Select the discount's Priority.
- Select Apply this discount to individual registrations.
- Select how much the discount should deduct in the Calculation settings, e.g. 10%.
- From the Criteria section, select Apply the discount automatically when specific criteria are met.
- In the Registrant section, select the criteria you would like to use, e.g. Email domain. Learn more about 'Value in contact/organisation field' discounts.
For Email domain, you can enter multiple email domains in this field by separating them with a comma.
- Complete Website settings.
- Complete the Availability settings.
- Complete the Accounting settings.
- Complete the Course settings.
- Press Save.