In order for your WordPress plugin integration to be successful, you will need to ensure that your WordPress website and hosting environment meet our minimum requirements. Review the minimum requirements below.
- PHP Version - WordPress PHP version must be 5.5 or higher.
- Shared Server Hosting - Slow shared server hosting can cause issues with the data import. If you have shared server hosting please ensure you Set Up a Cron Job. Important: If your website is running on a "cheap" hosting server, this could affect the synchronisation between WordPress and Arlo.
- WordPress version - Your WordPress should be kept updated to the latest version available.
- Cache plugins - Caching plugins can interfere with the Arlo WordPress plugin. Once changes have been made to the Arlo plugin, ensure you clear or reset your caching plugins if you have them.
- Server Memory limit expected 64M or higher
- Server Max execution time 30 seconds or more
- Server must have cUrl enabled
- Server must have mCrypt enabled
- Server must have RIJNDAEL 128 available
- Server must have CBC mode available
- Server must have SHA512 available
- Google Maps API key for maps on venue profile pages (You need to enable the Google Static Maps API for the project).
Having trouble with the Arlo WordPress plugin? We have a useful troubleshooting and FAQ's article that can help you get through the most commonly encountered issues when integrating using the Arlo WordPress plugin. If you're still encountering issues after reviewing the below article, please contact Arlo support. Important: Technical, website integration support is not included in Arlo product support. We offer technical support packages and plans, for more information visit our Website pricing page.